Monday 6 August 2012

I must have hit my head...

I am seriously considering the merits of booking one of these for next year's holiday.

It's a Camping Pod, essentially a wooden tent that neatly dispenses with the worst aspects of camping - putting the tent up and down, damp, stuffiness, discomfort. It's glamping at it's best. The ones I'm looking at are about seven square meters of floor space and are just the pod and the chairs on the deck but I've seen posher, bigger ones that are fully furnished with a wee bathroom! The basic is fine by me though, it's even got electric sockets :)
Now I know some people are going to be reading this and thinking 'wimp, just get a tent!' but I don't want to. I don't like tents, I don't like camping really but I'm willing to experiment with this compromise if it means getting another week next year like the one I've just had.
We only got that one because a kind family member gave us the money, to afford it ourselves something will have to give and for £39 a night this is probably the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment